Saturday, February 7, 2009

Permissions problems

I haven't been building a great deal in Second Life recently, but there seem to be a number of problems associated with permissions at present.

I am told that objects adopt the permissions of textures or scripts put inside them. In the past if I used a texture I had made and uploaded myself, I would have been able to put that texture on an object and have made it full perms without formally setting the perms on the texture. Nowadays, that doesn't seem to be the case.

This makes making things in collaboration with other people very difficult: everything has to have full perms on it, or it may screw up the possibility of one person being able to sell the object at the end of the process.

I will report more as I discover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are now post-moderated. Please comment in English, because I will delete comments I cannot read or understand.